Sponsors

Confectionary factory RŪTA

auks-logo-ruta

The factory’s history began in Šiauliai in 1913, when, at the age of 36, A. Gricevičius set up a cauldron to make toffee in a small wooden cottage.  The first people who worked there were the owners themselves – A. Gricevičius and his wife Juzefa – themselves. Back then, most business enterprises in Lithuania were under foreign management, so, in order to accentuate the Lithuanian character of the candy workshop, A. Gricevičius named it after the national plant rue (Lith. rūta). To begin with, the workshop manufactured toffee sweets, and soon branched out into chocolates. Read further…